This month the Hastings Vegan Dining Club treated ourselves to our second cream tea in the home of Julia who, with Rene, put together a fabulous spread. The dining table proverbially groaned with
- Three types of sandwiches: tofu and cress, cheating tuna and mayo, and cucumber
- Cream cheese and mushroom vol au vents
- Scones (wholewheat and traditional) with fresh strawberries, strawberry jam and cream
- Fruit cake (baked by the Grumpy Vegan)
- Chocolate and banana cake
- Chocolate and black cherry gateau
- German apple cake
- Puff pastry slices with raspberry jam and buttercream filling served with fresh raspberries
- A variety of teas, soft drinks, red and white wine, and other drinks as needed but not lashings of lemonade…..
As these photographs testify, it was delicious and a real treat! Who says vegans can’t have their cake and eat it?